The intent of the Data Administration Knowledge Unit is to provide students with methods to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data throughout the data life cycle.
- Draw and describe a data and information lifecycle, identifying specific and general security issues at all stages.
- Define and evaluate data and information quality, accessibility, and utility.
- Examine how the origination, change, distribution, storage, and deletion of information is managed and secured.
- Compare and contrast data and information ownership, stewardship, management, possession, and governance.
- Outline the role of data and information classification in security.
Below are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Tasks (KSA-T) identified as being required to perform this work role.
Learn More about the KAS-T's.