Database Management Systems
The intent of the Database Management Systems Knowledge Unit is to provide students with the skills to utilize database management system to solve specific problems.
- Compare and contrast database types including relational, hierarchical, distributed, and other models.
- Describe the role of a database, a DBMS, and a database server within a complex system supporting multiple applications.
- Apply SQL to create and administer databases and to manipulate the data they contain.
- Describe DBMS access controls, privilege levels, and security principles and apply them to a simple database.
- Outline common structures for storing data in a database management system.
- Design and deploy a simple database for a specified application.
Below are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Tasks (KSA-T) identified as being required to perform this work role.
Learn More about the KAS-T's.