Fraud Prevention and Management
The intent of the Fraud Prevention and Management Knowledge Unit is to provide students with the necessary knowledge to develop plans and processes for a holistic approach to preventing and mitigating fraud throughout the system lifecycle.
- Describe the components of the fraud triangle - necessary condition for fraud.
- Describe the cost and effectiveness of common fraud detection and prevention methods.
- Analyze record keeping and management procedures for assets and to identify/correct weaknesses.
- Describe legal and ethical requirements for detecting, preventing and reporting fraud.
- Describe investigative procedures for fraud.
- Describe common methods of financial statement fraud.
Below are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Tasks (KSA-T) identified as being required to perform this work role.
Learn More about the KAS-T's.