The intent of the IA Standards Knowledge Unit is to provide students with an understanding of the common standards related to information assurance.
- Compare and contrast different types of standards including: laws, regulations, policies, voluntary, and framework-based standards.
- Map the processes for the creation and/or changes to different types of standards.
- Describe the impact of legal/regulatory standards on a given system.
- Describe how standards may be applied and assessed for a sub-contractor or customer.
- List and describe key provisions of common standards.
Below are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Tasks (KSA-T) identified as being required to perform this work role.
Learn More about the KAS-T's.