Industrial Control Systems
The intent of the Industrial Control Systems Knowledge Unit is to provide students with an understanding of the basics of industrial control systems, where they are likely to be found, and vulnerabilities they are likely to have.
- Describe the use and application of PLCs in automation.
- Describe the components and applications of industrial control systems.
- Explain various control schemes and their differences.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand, evaluate and implement security functionality across an industrial network.
- Understand and compare the basics of the most used protocols.
Below are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Tasks (KSA-T) identified as being required to perform this work role.
Learn More about the KAS-T's.