Network Technology and Protocols
The intent of the Network Technology and Protocols Knowledge Unit is to expand students’ knowledge of networking to include an understanding common network protocols, how network components interact, and how networks evolve over time. The Knowledge Unit will also extend student experiences in using tools to monitor and analyze a network. Students expand their familiarity with network vulnerabilities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of layer 2 networking (Ethernet).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the structure and use of key networking protocols (IPv4 and IPv6).
- Identify and describe a variety of common network vulnerabilities.
- Identify and mitigate security concerns at layer 2 and layer 3 of a network.
- Demonstrate the use of multiple tools to analyze and troubleshoot a network.
- Explain the weaknesses of WEP and which weaknesses have been addressed and how.
Below are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Tasks (KSA-T) identified as being required to perform this work role.
Learn More about the KAS-T's.