The intent of the Software Assurance Knowledge Unit is to provide students with the ability to describe why software assurance is important to the development of secure systems and describe the methods and techniques that lead to secure software.
- Apply security design principles.
- Describe how system design and architecture affects security.
- Create a system design optimized to meet appropriate security requirements.
- Apply modeling and vulnerability assessment to create a secure design.
- Explain the importance of Design Reviews in creating secure systems.
Below are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Tasks (KSA-T) identified as being required to perform this work role.
Learn More about the KAS-T's.