The intent of the Vulnerability Analysis Knowledge Unit is to provide students with a thorough understanding of system vulnerabilities, to include what they are, how they can be found/identified, the different types of vulnerabilities, how to determine the root cause of a vulnerability, and how to mitigate their effect on an operational system.
- Apply tools and techniques for identifying vulnerabilities.
- Create and apply a vulnerability map of a system.
- Apply techniques to trace a vulnerability to its root cause.
- Propose and analyze countermeasures to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Explain the circumstances under which a vulnerability must be disclosed.
Below are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Tasks (KSA-T) identified as being required to perform this work role.
Learn More about the KAS-T's.