The intent of the Cybersecurity Principles Knowledge Unit is to provide students with basic security design fundamentals that help create systems that are worthy of being trusted.
- Define the principles of cybersecurity.
- Describe why each principle is important to security and how it enables the development of security mechanisms that can implement desired security policies.
- Analyze common security failures and identify specific design principles that have been violated.
- Given a specific scenario, identify the design principles involved or needed.
- Understand the interaction between security and system usability and the importance for minimizing the effects of security mechanisms.
Below are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Tasks (KSA-T) identified as being required to perform this work role.
Learn More about the KAS-T's.