IT Systems Components
The intent of the IT Systems Components Knowledge Unit is to provide students with a basic understanding of the components in an information technology system and their roles in system operation. This is a high level introduction or familiarization of the Topics, not a deep dive into specifics.
- Endpoint protection
- Storage Devices
- System Architectures
- Alternative environments (SCADA, real time systems, critical infrastructures)
- Networks (Internet, LANs, wireless)
- Network mapping (enumeration and identification of network components)
- Network Security Components (Data Loss Prevention, VPNs / Firewalls)
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, Incident Response
- Managed Services
- Software Security (secure coding principles, software issues by type)
- Configuration Management
- Vulnerability Scanning (core)
- People and security (social engineering)
- Physical and environmental security concerns
- Internet Of Things (IOT)
- Cyber Defense Partnerships (Federal, State, Local, Industry)
- Describe the hardware components of modern computing environments and their individual functions.
- Describe the basic security implications of modern computing environments.
- Understand the Federal, State and Local Cyber Defense partners/structures.
- Properly use the Vocabulary associated with cyber security.
Below are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Tasks (KSA-T) identified as being required to perform this work role.
Learn More about the KAS-T's.