Security Risk Analysis
The intent of the Security Risk Analysis Knowledge Unit is to provide students with sufficient understanding of risk assessment models, methodologies and processes such that they can perform a risk assessment of a particular systems and recommend mitigations to identified risks.
- Describe how risk relates to a system security policy.
- Describe various risk analysis methodologies.
- Evaluate and categorize risk 1) with respect to technology; 2) with respect to individuals, and 3) in the enterprise, and recommend appropriate responses.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of various risk assessment methodologies
- Select the optimal methodology based on needs, advantages and disadvantages.
Below are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Tasks (KSA-T) identified as being required to perform this work role.
Learn More about the KAS-T's.