The intent of the Digital Communications Knowledge Unit is to provide students with knowledge of the protocols and methodologies used in modern digital communications systems.
- Components of a digital communications system
- Coding schemes
- Digital Signaling
- Spread Spectrum Signals
- Multi-User Communication Access Techniques a. CDMA, TDMA, FDMA, SDMA, PDMA
- Describe digital communications systems in terms of subsystems and modulation techniques.
- Describe the current state of the art in digital communications.
- Compare and contrast different approaches to digital communications and describe the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Describe the current state of the art in digital communications
Below are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Tasks (KSA-T) identified as being required to perform this work role.
Learn More about the KAS-T's.
||Knowledge of telecommunications concepts (e.g., Communications channel, Systems Link Budgeting, Spectral efficiency, Multiplexing).