The intent of the Embedded Systems Knowledge Unit is to provide students with the ability to develop applications that run on embedded devices while complying with device constraints.
- Programming languages and environments for embedded systems
- Devices without operating systems
- Real-time Operating Systems
- Microcontroller/embedded processor architectures
- Discuss embedded system architectures.
- Compare and contrast the requirements and capabilities of embedded systems.
- Examine real time issues such as concurrency and synchronization.
- Apply real time resource management.
- Trace how a real-time OS handles timing and resource challenges.
- Discuss embedded system architectures
Below are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Tasks (KSA-T) identified as being required to perform this work role.
Learn More about the KAS-T's.
||Knowledge of interpreted and compiled computer languages.
||Knowledge of operating systems.
||Knowledge of electrical engineering as applied to computer architecture (e.g., circuit boards, processors, chips, and computer hardware).
||Knowledge of microprocessors.