The intent of the Forensic Accounting Knowledge Unit is to provide students with the ability to apply forensics techniques to respond to and investigate financial incidents.
- Economic Damages and Business Valuations
- Describe common forms of financial statement fraud and related detection techniques.
- Describe and implement methods of indirectly estimating concealed revenue and income.
- Describe common methods of money laundering and related methods of prevention and detection (including related laws and regulations).
- Compute loss, damages, and business value for occurrences of fraud, theft and fraudulent financial statements.
Below are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Tasks (KSA-T) identified as being required to perform this work role.
Learn More about the KAS-T's.
||Knowledge of collateral damage and estimating impact(s).
||Skill in performing damage assessments.