The intent of the Advanced Cryptography Knowledge Unit is to provide students with knowledge of cryptographic algorithms, protocols, and their uses in the protection of information in various states.
- Key Management
- Number Theory
- Probability and Statistics
- Understanding of the major algorithms (AES, RSA, EC)
- Suite B Algorithms
- Describe how various cryptographic algorithms and protocols work.
- Evaluate security mechanisms based on cryptography.
- Describe the application of cryptography in SSL, virtual private networks, secure storage, and other security applications.
- Take a mode or protocol diagram and identify how an error propagates through the cryptosystem.
Below are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Tasks (KSA-T) identified as being required to perform this work role.
Learn More about the KAS-T's.
||Knowledge of symmetric key rotation techniques and concepts.
||Knowledge of cryptography and cryptographic key management concepts
||Knowledge of cryptology.
||Knowledge of mathematics (e.g. logarithms, trigonometry, linear algebra, calculus, statistics, and operational analysis).
||Knowledge of computer algorithms.
||Knowledge of encryption algorithms
||Skill in using basic descriptive statistics and techniques (e.g., normality, model distribution, scatter plots).