Software Security Analysis
The intent of the Software Security Analysis Knowledge Unit is to provide students with an understanding of the tools and methods for analyzing software, either in source code or binary form.
- Source and Binary Code Analysis
- Static and Dynamic Analysis Techniques
- Common analysis tools and methods
- Describe software security analysis tools and techniques.
- Apply their knowledge to perform software security analysis, using common tools, against previously unknown software components.
Below are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Tasks (KSA-T) identified as being required to perform this work role.
Learn More about the KAS-T's.
||Knowledge of systems diagnostic tools and fault identification techniques.
||Knowledge of cyber defense and vulnerability assessment tools and their capabilities.
||Skill in using binary analysis tools (e.g., Hexedit, command code xxd, hexdump).